Joseph A. Mullaney, III is a Consumer Rights Attorney associated with Consumer Litigation Group (Law Office of Dimitrios Kolovos, LLC). His practice is exclusively focused on the protection and enforcement of consumer rights in areas such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA), consumer bankruptcy (Chapter 7 only), and consumer debt defense (debt collection lawsuits).
He is a member of the prestigious National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) holding leadership positions in the Ethics Committee as well as the Membership Committee. He is also a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Mr. Mullaney proudly earned a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Widener University School of Law in 2001 and credits the law school for its primary focus on graduating litigators who are ready, willing, and able to begin immediate litigation upon graduation. He earned a Master of Science (M.S.) in Human Resources Management from Wilmington University in 1998. Prior to his masters, he earned a Bachelors in Business Administration (B.B.A.) from Loyola College in Maryland in 1997.
Mr. Mullaney is admitted to practice law in the following jurisdictions:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Appeals Court for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- State of Maryland
Mr. Mullaney attended and participated in relevant national conferences and symposia:
- “Consumer Rights Litigation Conference and Consumer Class Action Symposium,” Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (October 22-25, 2009).
- “Fair Debt Collection Practices Training Conference.” National Consumer Law Center, Nashville, Tennessee (March 27-29, 2008);
- “The 16th Annual Consumer Rights Litigation Conference.” National Consumer Law Center, Washington, D.C. (November 7-11, 2007); and
- “Fair Debt Collection Practices Training Conference.” National Consumer Law Center, Tucson, Arizona (March 23 – 25, 2007).
Authorship and Scholarly Writing
Mr. Mullaney authored the following articles:
- “Survey of Pennsylvania Cases Addressing the Use of Preliminary Objections Against Consumer Debt Collection Lawsuits.” PA Chapter National Association of Consumer Advocates (Feb. 2009).
- “The Growing Threat of Arbitration to FDCPA Litigation.” The Consumer Advocate, Vol. 14, No. 2 (August 2008).
- “Protecting Non-Debtors from Artificial or Pre-recorded Telephone Calls under the FDCPA and TCPA.” The Consumer Advocate, Vol. 13, No. 4 (October 2007).
Press & Interviews
The opinions of Mr. Mullaney regarding consumer law have been sought and quoted in the New York Times, The Kansas City Star, Readers Digest, and the New Jersey Law Journal among others.
Ratings & Awards
Named to the “2010 Awesome Attorneys List” by the local magazine suburbanlife.
Named to the “2011 Awesome Attorneys List” by the local magazine suburbanlife.